- To disseminate the knowledge and experience gained in the project through relevant media, seminars, conferences and lectures at Universities
- To promote the establishment of a wind energy training centre at the University of Mostar.
- To guarantee the involvement of the local population and to prepare a study for income generating activities at the project locations
- To promote the utilisation of wind energy in South East Europe (SEE) by involving national and regional political authorities
- To present the project results at scientific & industrial conferences
Description of work
- Dissemination of specific information about complex terrain
Technical papers about the results of research work will be published in specific journals and magazines. The scientific results of research work will be presented at international wind energy related conferences.
A specific event will be organized in 2009 at one of the pilot sites. This event will be part of a series of conferences called ‚Ice & Rocks‘ which is organized in intervals of 2 years at wind farm sites with extreme climatic conditions. The first of these conferences took place at Oberzeiring in 2005, the next conference will be organized 2007 at the Gütsch test site in Switzerland. These conferences are organized in cooperation with EWS, DEWI and Met-SW.
- Dissemination of experience in operation pilot turbines
A website will be designed for each of the pilot sites presenting, besides other information about the project and the operator, the results of research and experience in the operation of pilot turbines. The concept of these web-sites will follow the example of Tauernwind
A folder including a project description of each of the pilot sites will be prepared to inform visitors. An information board about the pilot wind turbines at each site will be designed and assembled and guided visitor tours will be organized at the sites.
A short brochure about costs of generating electricity for promotion of wind energy in SEE (WP 11) will be published.
- Dissemination of knowledge about wind potential
A brochure or a map showing the results of meso-scale simulations and the results of investigations about local wind systems and wind potential in the former Yugoslav states will be published.
- Final documentation of ‚SEEWIND‘
The preparation a short summary of ‚SEEWIND‘ results including a short and understandable description of the project, pictures and diagrams (50-70 pages).
- Lecturing at University of Mostar
The knowledge and experience gained in wind measurements and the operation wind turbines will be the content of lectures at the Mechanical Faculty at the University of Mostar
- Establishing a wind energy trainingcentre at University of Mostar
The proposed training activities at Mostar University were initiated by a joint project of the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) and UNMO, EWS and DEWI. The activities will be carried out using the results and know-how of ‚SEEWIND‘.
- Socio-ecomomic study at the project sites
A study with the aim to assess the socio-economic impact of the construction of wind turbines at the project locations will be carried out by each of the project site developer (VE, AWP, Masurica)
- Promotion of wind energy utilisation
Regular meetings with local and regional authorities and politicians will take place to emphasis on the importance of the proposed project in particular and of wind energy utilization in general.
- Wind workshop for companies
This special workshop shall encourage the contacts between local SMEs offering services for the development and implementation of wind farms in SEE and with the major key player in wind energy sector in Europe.
Energiewerkstatt, the coordinator of the project, is the leader of the work package ‚Dissemination of Results‘.