- Wind farm design: determination of wind farm configuration based on the results of WP 8.
- Technical planning: preparation of all necessary documents and plans for the approval procedures.
- Environmental assessment: Preparation of a detailed assessment of the environmental impact of the pilot wind turbines.
- Approval procedure: Obtaining approvals for construction and operation of the pilot turbines
Description of work
Site development will be carried out at the three pilot sites Podvelez, Rudine II and Vlasina and will be focused on the optimization of the whole wind farm at each pilot location. Approval procedure will concentrate on obtaining permission for construction and operation of the pilot turbines.
- Wind farm design: determination of wind farm configuration based on the results of microscale simulation and other restricting factors such as accessibility and infrastructure.
- Technical planning: all necessary documents and plans for approval procedures will be prepared. Since the wind turbines will be the first in BH and SCR the authorities will be assisted by defining appropriate requirements for approval (also WP 8). Due to the complexity of the terrain and the remoteness of the pilot sites Vlasina (SCR) and Podvelez (BH), the access roads have to be partially newly constructed.
- Environmental assessment: the environmental impact will be assessed according to international practices. The assessment focuses on the issues noise, shadowing, visibility and ornithology.
- Approval procedure: application for approval and participation in negotiations.
Energiewerkstatt, the coordinator of the project, is the leader of the work package ‚Site Development‘.