- To evaluate the operational experience and operational costs of the pilot wind turbines under the specific conditions at the pilot sites.
- To re-calculate the costs of electricity production for each specific site.
- To gain knowledge about costs for generating electricity from wind in SEE in general.
Description of work
- Evaluation of operational experience: turbines electricity generation will be evaluated based on the recorded time series (15 min.) of power output and on the recorded malfunctions and shut-offs of turbines. The availability of turbines will be re-calculated and analyzed in terms of the specific climatic conditions at the pilot sites. The total electricity production will be assessed in comparison to the calculated energy and in terms of long-term behaviour.
- Specific costs for electricity production: the detailed expenses for service, repairs and other running costs such as insurances, rent of land, management and book-keeping will be evaluated and analyzed. The calculation of economic efficiency will be re-evaluated with regard to the costs for investment, financing costs and re-calculated long-term energy yield. The investigated costs for electricity production at the pilot sites will be compared to specific generating costs at existing sites in SEE (if available at this time) and at similar sites in Europe. Results will be published in a short brochure which can be used for decision-making at political level and promotion of wind power in SEE.
Energiewerkstatt, the coordinator of the project, is the leader of the work package ‚Evaluation of operational data‘.